Episode 003: What Would You Do if You *Were* Afraid? How to Be Fearful AND Fearless.
Fear is so uncomfortable and unpleasant that we often try to get rid of it. It often stands in our way of the things we want most in our personal and professional lives. In fact, we often idolized people who we perceive as fearless. For many entrepreneurs, becoming a fearless leader is often a goal we strive to achieve, but getting rid of our fear and learning to become fearless is a catastrophic mistake. Instead, we need to use our fear as a tool to motivate us to step out of our comfort zone and take action on our big goals and dreams.
Today, I share why I believe being fearless is a crushing mistake for many entrepreneurs and leaders, and why I believe you can be fearful AND fearless. I share how I perceive fear as a “red light” and a “green light,” depending on the circumstances and situation. I share the strategies I use to face my fears - head-on - while taking massive action toward achieving my goals, my dreams, and my mission in life and business. I also discuss the similarities between fear and courage and the importance of taking baby steps when striving to conquer a big fear.
“Being bold, being courageous, being risky requires being afraid.” - Erin Baker
This week on Life in the AND:
- Common fears everyone experiences that can hinder our success in life, love, and business
- Why I believe that striving to be fearless is a critical mistake
- The benefits of using your fear to your advantage
- The “Red Light, Green Light” concept regarding fear
- Strategies to become fearful and fearless - at the same time
- Getting to the root cause of your fears
- Leveraging your fear of not moving forward to overcome your fear of moving forward
- Taking baby steps to face and conquer big fears
- The similarities between fear and courage
Embrace Life in the AND
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Life in the AND, the podcast helping you embrace the AND in your life to cultivate more authenticity, creativity, inclusiveness, and love in every area of the world around you. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review.