Episode 20: How AND Helps Us Explore Edges and New Frontiers Within Ourselves with Christina Berkley
When I created Life in the And, there was one person I wanted to have on the show. She’s Christina Berkley - an international coach, transformational experience curator, and co-founder of the NEXUS Futurism Lab. She is passionate about exploring edges, whether it’s in technology, frontiers, going to space, or even the edges within ourselves. Christina works with leaders on missions to better humanity, guiding them in exploring and unlocking their edges, their genius, and the impact they can have in the world.
Christina joins me today to share her Edge-Walker Manifesto and the experience that inspired her to create it. Christina Berkley is a coach, transformational experience creator, and co-founder of the NEXUS Futurism lab. She works with leaders on missions to better humanity, guiding them in exploring and unlocking their edges, their genius, and the impact they can have in the world. She joins me today to share her Edge-Walker Manifesto and the experience that inspired her to create it. We explore many of the ANDs sprinkled throughout the manifesto, including being fluid with our identities, connecting opposites and breaking false dichotomies within ourselves, asking for what we want while also being a team player, and cultivating surrender instead of aiming for hyper-control in our lives.
“We can tell ourselves that the shift isn’t dangerous. When it stops being dangerous to change, then we can intentionally seek out lifestyles we’re not used to.” - Christina Berkley
This week on Life in the AND:
- A reading of The Edge-Walker Manifesto
- Being fluid with your identity and the dangers of clinging to youth
- The false dichotomies people cling to and how we can expand the archetypes within us
- Our concept of being “good” people and how avoiding our selfish parts can do more damage
- Asking for what you want while being a team player and communicating your ANDs
- Jacob’s Ladder and experiencing enlightenment through our primal nature
- Cultivating surrender and why aiming for hyper control is a losing game
- Leadership from the Middle: Bridging Your Culture AND Corporate Culture with Kanchan Prinsloo
- I Control My Destiny AND So Does “The Universe”
- What Would You Do if You *Were* Afraid? How to Be Fearful AND Fearless
- What Becomes Possible When We Have High Intention and Low Attachment to Our Goals
Connect with Cristina Berkley:
- Coaches Light the Grid
- Edge-Walker Basecamp
- Christina Berkley Website
- Christina Berkley on Facebook
- Christina Berkley on Instagram
- Christina Berkley on LinkedIn
Embrace Life in the AND
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Life in the AND, the podcast helping you embrace the AND in your life to cultivate more authenticity, creativity, inclusiveness, and love in every area of the world around you. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, be sure to visit my website and join The Heart Leader Launchpad Facebook group.