Episode 008: The Secret to Liberating A Billion Souls: Trust AND Surrender with Shelley Paxton
Shelley Paxton is internationally recognized as The Burnout Fighter and Fire Re-igniter. She is the Chicago-based author of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life, a book where she shares her journey from working in Corporate America as the CMO of Harley-Davidson to becoming the Chief Soul Officer of her life and career.
Shelley has spent over 25 years in the corporate world as a highly regarded marketing and advertising executive with some of the world’s most iconic brands, including Visa, McDonald’s, and AOL. Her work has been recognized and featured in multiple media publications including Thrive Global, Forbes, PBS, and CBS. Since taking her Soulbbatical in 2016 and launching her company, Shelley has been on a mission to liberate a billion souls by inspiring them to embrace their greatest truth, purpose, and possibility.
Shelley joins me today to share all of the “Ands” in her life and career. She discusses her ballsy move to liberate a billion souls by creating a title wave of change in people’s lives and organizations. She discusses the magic that can happen when you trust AND surrender to your soul’s process instead of the corporate process or the process of others. She discusses how you can trust, surrender, and follow your soul’s desires while working in the corporate environment and why the first step to reconnecting to your soul is to get reacquainted with yourself and your personal values. She also explains the difference between rebelling for something versus rebelling against something and why she believes, deep down, everyone has a rebel soul.
“You have to know where you’re heading, and you first have to know yourself because getting reconnected with your soul really is getting reconnected with your GPS system.” - Shelley Paxton
This week on Life in the AND:
- Shelley’s big, audacious goal of liberating a billion souls - one soul at a time
- How Shelley stays grounded in holding onto her big, overarching goal while liberating one individual soul at a time
- The magic that happens when you trust AND surrender to your soul’s process
- Bridging the gap between working in the corporate world while following your soul’s desires
- Getting reacquainted with yourself and your values and why it’s the first step to reconnecting to your soul
- Choosing to believe that crisis always comes as a gift to teach us a lesson
- Why Shelley believes everyone has a rebel soul
- How your ‘ands’ are the lego pieces of your life
- Using fear as fuel to get to where you want to go
- Why Shelley believes trusting and surrendering to your soul’s desires is the “And” everyone should stand for
- The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Connect with Shelley Paxton:
- Rebel Souls Podcast
- Book: Sabbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life
- Shelley Paxton on LinkedIn
- Shelley Paxton on Instagram
- Soulbbatical on Facebook
- Shelley Paxton on Twitter
Embrace Life in the AND
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Life in the AND, the podcast helping you embrace the AND in your life to cultivate more authenticity, creativity, inclusiveness, and love in every area of the world around you. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, be sure to visit my website or join the Heart Leader Launchpad Facebook Community.